About Me

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Murchison Falls with Chris, Eric and Andy (Jan 2012)

After the Banda Island trip we said farewell to Adrian and I headed back to the Lemon to pick up the boys for another trip to Murchison. We stayed the first night at Ziwa rhino sanctuary and then once we reached Murchison we had a night at the top of the falls and then two nights at the campsite at the new Murchison River Lodge. The place is fantastic and the campsite one of the best fixed camping places I've used in Africa EVER ... We had a lucky trip and saw lion and leopard as well as the usual plains game and of course the ever awe inspiring Murchison Falls, which were at the highest level I've seen yet ... I've not put any pics of animals in because .. well I see them all the time and none were so good as to warrant putting online for all to see ...

All of us in a sausage tree on the shores of Lake Albert ... Chris, Erik, me and Andy
Me, Andy, Erik and Chris
Staging a kakak move ...





Looking down into the falls gorge on dusk

The concrete block in view is Winston Churchill's £10 bridge that lasted only a few months until it was swept away in high water.


Sunset from the top of the falls looking back upriver

Chris making the twice daily required tea!!







Sunset from Murchison River Lodge


 

No comments:

Post a Comment